A Hazardous Materials Survey consists of an inspection and report on buildings and structures for materials likely to be hazardous to the health of workers, building occupants or the environment.
Hazardous materials identified through our survey can include but are not limited to:
- Asbestos Containing Material (ACM)
- Polychlorinated Biphenyls (PCBs)
- Synthetic Mineral Fibres (SMF)
- Chlorofluorocarbons (CFC’s)
- Ozone Depleting Substance (ODS)
Hazardous materials can pose a range of health risks: asbestos is proven to be harmful and can cause lung disease and forms of cancer including mesothelioma. PCBs can affect the nervous system, and SMF can irritate the skin and upper respiratory tract.